Jeffers is always looking for talented people who love animals and love helping people who love animals. Jeffers has some of the best customers around and needs the best people taking care of them. The Jeffers facility is located in Dothan, AL, and includes our entire operation - warehouse, call center, purchasing, marketing, catalog, internet plus accounting and executive offices, and a small retail outlet. Jeffers wants quality, driven people who realize the customer is the most important asset and everything that we do is for or about the customer.
If this sounds like you, feel free to send your resume and cover letter by mail, email, or fax:
ATTN: Personnel Dept.
PO Box 100
Dothan, AL 36301
ATTN: Personnel Dept.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered, an application must be submitted. The application may be electronically submitted by clicking HERE or through the retail store location.
Jeffers does not provide relocation assistance.
Call Center AgentDothan, AL - Full-time, Part-time
Jeffers is looking for bright, shiny, energetic folks to answer incoming calls from customers. Most calls involve placing orders, some calls involve finding special products for customers or solutions to specific problems. Various shifts are available. Full time positions must be available at least one day or evening on the weekend, and 4 days during the week. Flexible, part time positions are also available. Some part time shifts include Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Apply in person. Must be able to pass a drug test.
High school or equivalent
English/Spanish Bilingual a plus!
Warehouse Pullers & PackersDothan, AL - Full-time
Jeffers is looking for self motivated, energetic candidates to fill puller and packer positions in our warehouse.
Puller duties include but are not limited to:
- locating correct items in warehouse to fulfill orders
- responsible for many orders each day so speed & accuracy are paramount
- pullers will pull complete orders and take to packers
- must be able to lift 50 lb, bend, squat, and climb a ladder
Packer duties include but are not limited to:
- pack orders for shipment with care
- double check orders/items & how they are packaged for quality, safety, & correctness
- must be able to lift 50 lb
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
High school or equivalent
Hispanic Marketing ManagerJeffers is looking for a full-time bilingual marketing specialist for our growing Spanish-speaking customer base. This person would work closely with our existing marketing team as well as being responsible for new ideas and tactics.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Answering calls and placing orders from Spanish speaking customers
- Developing a strategy for contacting Spanish-speaking customers who have not ordered recently and implement a plan to execute.
- Analyzing data from current Spanish-speaking customers to develop an overall marketing strategy. This includes an email strategy, outgoing call strategy, as well as developing promotions based on individual segments.
- Depending on experience, may include website and email strategies.
- positive attitude
- fluency in Spanish & English
- basic familiarity with marketing
- knowledge of google analytics is a huge plus
- high school diploma or equivalent
Various levels of experience and interns welcome to apply.
Email Marketing Manager
Dothan, AL - Full-time
Must be able to pass a drug test.
High School or GED
Marketing 2 years
The email marketing manager is an integral part of the Jeffers Marketing team. No experience is necessary. Essential qualities are being organized, and comfortable with a diverse group of people from pet parents to good ole cowboys. You must also be comfortable making decisions. Below is the internal job description which gives you a pretty good idea of the job. Pay is based on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for coordinating with pet, equine & livestock specialists to create email calendar. Calendar should be completed one month in advance.
- When a specialist is unavailable you are responsible for creating the weekly email
- Report weekly to senior management results of email campaigns including email title, click through rates, conversion rates, and opt out rates.
- Responsible for segmenting email lists and creating monthly emails to unique segments
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to make sure each email has links to informative blog posts and/or promotions or clearance category when applicable
- Meet with vendors to create sponsored emails
- Create triggered email program
- Manage welcome email series
- Manage abandoned cart email series
- Grow sales through email channel by 10%
- Report data at weekly marketing meetings
- Actively study how to improve email conversion rates
Experience with E-commerce is extremely beneficial. Prefer experience working in a fast paced, high volume, sales atmosphere.