Med-Vet Senior-Flex HA
Senior-Flex HA provides a unique combination of support for the senior horse. Contains HA, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, MSM, Yucca, and Ester-C to support healthy joint function. Also, contains probiotics and vitamins A, D, and E.
Ingredients per Serving:
- 50 mg Hyaluronic Acid (HA) - Helps support healthy cartilage and joint fluid. HA is what makes joint fluid "sticky" because it is known to protect cells in the joint. Especially useful during periods of high-level joint stress.
- 5,000 mg Glucosamine - Glucosamine plays multiple roles within joint function and health. It assists in the production of new cartilage and has been shown to help inhibit free radicals and enzymes that break down cartilage.
- 500 mg Chondroitin Sulfate - Works with glucosamine in the production of new cartilage and inhibits the effects of various enzymes that break down cartilage. Also helps to support a natural inflammatory response lending to overall joint health and comfort.
- 5,000 mg MSM - Helps the body to produce its own antioxidants which helps support a natural inflammatory response by providing protection against oxidative stress. A great source of sulfur, which plays an important role in maintaining the health of collagen, cartilage, hooves, hair and joint fluid. MSM helps to increase blood flow which will in turn reduce inflammation.
- 5,500 mg Yucca - Helps in addressing musculoskeletal discomfort. shown to have antioxidant properties that help to support a natural inflammatory response and easing discomfort.
- 1,200 mg Ester C - A ore readily available and absorbable form of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect the tissues of the body and is also important in the production of connective tissues like tendons and ligaments.
- 250 Million CFUs Probiotics - The "good bugs" that help to break down the nutrients that your horse is taking in. Probiotics help to promote healthy digestion and support a healthy immune system.
- 15,000 IU Vitamin A - Supports healthy vision, immune function and skin and coat. Also beneficial in promoting respiratory health, reproduction, soft tissue, and normal skeletal development in young growing horses and horses in training.
- 5,000 IU Vitamin D - Plays an indirect role in bone growth and maintenance by managing levels of calcium in the body. It assists in the absorption of calcium in the intestine, the movement of calcium into and out of the bone, and the amount of calcium excreted by the kidneys.
- 1,000 IU Vitamin E - Considered to be the most important antioxidant and it works closely with selenium to protect the body from oxidative stress from exercise and illness. Generally found in high amounts in fresh pasture that has not been cut for hay. Any horse that does not have access to grass, regardless of its activity level or health, would be a candidate for vitamin E supplementation.
- Brand: Med-Vet
- Type: Supplement
- Size: 5 lb