Catron IV is used to protect wounds from flies and fly maggots after castration, dehorning, docking, branding, wire cuts or shear cut wounds, eliminate ear ticks, and control poultry lice. 10 oz Read More
This product is currently unavailable for purchase.
Catron IV Aerosol, 10 oz
Catron IV (0.05% Permethrin) is a screwworm and ear tick aerosol spray used to aid in the control of insect pests on beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, goats, hogs, and horses.
Uses of Catron IV
- kills and controls screwworms, fleece worms, and other blowfly maggots in or around superficial wounds
- protects wounds from flies
- kills ear ticks (spinose & Gulf Coast ear ticks
- offers protection against stable flies, horse flies, deer flies, face flies, horn flies, mosquitoes, and gnats
- controls poultry lice
- controls blood sucking lice
- treat navel of newborn animals
5-day slaughter withdrawal of last treatmentView manufacturer and/or label information
- Type: Spray
- Brand: Bayer Animal Health
- Insect Type: Ear Ticks,Mosquitoes,Fly Maggots
We have been using this product for several years now on our calves when we castrate them. We have never had any problem with infection or flys. Easy to spray on, good product
"Good for ear ticks in alpacas"
Works well for alpacas with ear ticks. If I see an alpaca with an ear "down", I spray it in the ear and massage it in (alpacas like that!), and usually the ear is up in a day or 2.
I use this stuff when all other fly products don't work.You squirt a little in your hand and rub it on the effected area. It usually lasts well over a week. In the long run you actually save money by using this as you don't have to re-apply it very often. I have a horse with blue eyes and the flies tend to love leaving eggs in there. Even with a fly mask she still has trouble. This product saves her. No more rubbing her eyes due to fly irritation.
GREAT spray for dogs' ears that flies are biting! Keeps the biting flies away and helps heal the ears up if the tips are already bloody.