Woof Wear Medical Hoof Boot, Blue
One boot per purchase.
A unique close fitting hoof boot designed to keep wounds, poultices, and dressings clean. The boot is designed using flexible and light materials to enable easy fitting and as a cost-effective alternative to adhesive bandage and tape. Perfect for aiding treatment of abscesses, punctured soles, and bruised soles.
Medical Hoof Boot Key Features:
- keeps wounds, poultices & dressings clean and in place
- can be used in the stall or during turnout
- durable and suitable for repeated use
- grooved tread on the sole for improved grip
- Kevlar® interior for added durability
- unique diagonal zipper design for a close fit
- can be used with or without boots
- machine washable
This boot is suitable for use in the stable and can be used on sensible horses in the paddock. Bearing this in mind, exuberant horses and those having undertaken a period of stall rest may damage the boot by standing on it or doing racing stops. In these situations consider using a more traditional poultice for the first day turned out.
To get the best out of your Medical Hoof Boot:
- Do not use boot while the horse is being ridden.
- Please measure accurately, as incorrect sizing can result in damage to the boot.
- Do not use the Medical Hoof Boot in place of an overreach boot to prevent shoe loss.
- An overreach boot should be used to cover the Medical Hoof Boot on both front and hind hooves: this will protect both the horse and boot from damage. We recommend Woof Wear's Kevlar Overreach Boot or Pro Overreach Boot.
We expect the boot to last 2-3 weeks under normal circumstances with many customers finding they last much longer. The boot is not indestructible and is not guaranteed against breakage due to the horse standing on the boot.
- Measure width carefully before bandaging, with or without shoe.
- Choose size per guide (do not go up to next size).
- No need to add extra for dressings.
|SIZE||Width of Hoof (mm)|
- Brand: Woof Wear
- Type: Hoof Boot
- Color: Blue
Can't comment as to durability, because the sizing was so problematic. Measured carefully according to directions, converted to inches, and orders what should have been the right size. The hoof part was fine, but on arrival the fetlock/ankle portion was WAY too small just looking at it. Exchanged for the next size up, which initially seemed promising, but although it would zip, there was absolutely no stretch at all in the upper portion, and I was concerned about circulation. And the footbed was overlarge. Might work for something with really delicate bones, but the upper portion was not sized suitable for a stocky pony.
"Not worth your money "
I bought a size 6, according to the chart and it said not to buy larger, so I went with their sizing. Received the boot, put it on with a bit of a struggle, but it fit and it was snug. Also put a bell boot over it for protection, per their recommendation. That same day I decided to order another one, one size up, for convenience of rotating the medical boots, as it was going to take a little while for my horse’s wound to heal. Unfortunately after four days of wear (with bandage changes every day) the toe area was destroyed. I then received the second, larger size boot. Much easier to get on, so had more hope for that one........unfortunately that one also failed after four days use. Tried still using both boots, cobbled together with Gorilla duct tap, but that didn’t work. So, I do not recommend these boots, as great as they may look. HOWEVER the customer service at Jeffers was AMAZING!!!
"Ripped in literally the first 2 hours of use"
I was very excited to try this boot. I am very disappointed. I carefully measured my horse, ordered the correct size, and in just 2 hours of her wearing it, it is torn and falling apart. I expected much more from a Woofwear product.
"A great addition to your abscess kit"
This boot survived my destructive horse's attempts to shred it. He had an abscess and this was very helpful! No more duct tape, baby diapers etc. I highly recommend having one on hand.