Neogen Sterimatic StericapThe Sterimatic replaceable Stericap will attach to any PrimaTech syringe. The white Stericap® on the end of the guard is filled with a disinfectant agent consisting of Gluteraldehyde (2.5%) and Bardac 22 (5%). A sponge within the Stericap® is soaked with disinfectant and wipes the needle when it passes in and out. Each Stericap® works for 100 injections (500 for poultry).
The Sterimatic is designed to take the worry out of giving injections by automatically cleaning & protecting the needle. The Sterimatic has been proven to reduce needle stick injuries, reduce infection & abscessing, & reduce disease transmission. Safe for MLV injections.
Cleans with every injection SQ or IM up to 100 injections per Stericap.
Inject as normal after attaching the sleeve and Stericap® to the syringe. As the Stericap® is pushed against the skin, the sleeve automatically retracts. The needle is cleaned as it passes through into the animal. The dose can be delivered as normal. Then, as the needle is withdrawn, the sleeve automatically extends and the needle is cleaned for a second time and then covered and protected. Use each Stericap® for up to 100 injections within 3 days of opening.
- Stericap (White) fits both sizes (for replacement).
Stericap® fits into the safety sleeve:
- Automatically cleans with every injection
- Reduces infection and abscessing
- Reduces disease transmission
- 100 injections/Stericap® (within 3 days); 500 injections for poultry
Attaches to many syringes, including:
Simcro™, Prima Tech, Hauptner
Benefits to User:
- Safety: Reduce needle sticks and scratch injuries
- Financial: Healthier livestock, fewer infections and abscesses, and lower mortality rates
- Confidence: Better and safer injection methods
Benefits to Livestock:
- Reduced cross infection of disease between livestock
- Reduced bacterial infection at the injection site (reduced abscessing)
- Healthier livestock
- Brand: Neogen