The Sterimatic is designed to take the worry out of giving injections by automatically cleaning & protecting the needle. The Sterimatic has been proven to reduce needle stick injuries, reduce infection & abscessing, & reduce disease transmission. Safe for MLV injections.
Cleans with every injection SQ or IM up to 100 injections per Stericap.
Inject as normal after attaching the sleeve and Stericap® to the syringe. As the Stericap® is pushed against the skin, the sleeve automatically retracts. The needle is cleaned as it passes through into the animal. The dose can be delivered as normal. Then, as the needle is withdrawn, the sleeve automatically extends and the needle is cleaned for a second time and then covered and protected. Use each Stericap® for up to 100 injections within 3 days of opening.
- Sterimatic (Green) 1" is designed for use with 1.5" needles for IM injections (includes Stericap).
- Sterimatic (Clear) ½" is designed for use with 1" needles for SQ injections (includes Stericap).
- Stericap (White) fits both sizes (for replacement).
Sterimatic® Safety Sleeve fits around the needle onto the syringe:
- Reduces needle stick injuries to the user
- Reduces needle damage
- Option available for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections
Stericap® fits into the safety sleeve:
- Automatically cleans with every injection
- Reduces infection and abscessing
- Reduces disease transmission
- 100 injections/Stericap® (within 3 days); 500 injections for poultry
Attaches to many syringes, including:
Simcro™, Prima Tech, Hauptner
Benefits to User:
- Safety: Reduce needle sticks and scratch injuries
- Financial: Healthier livestock, fewer infections and abscesses, and lower mortality rates
- Confidence: Better and safer injection methods
Benefits to Livestock:
- Reduced cross infection of disease between livestock
- Reduced bacterial infection at the injection site (reduced abscessing)
- Healthier livestock
- Brand: Neogen
- Type: Needle Guards & Steralizer
- Color: Green,Clear
- Size: 1" Needle,½" Needle
This works! Cuts down treatment time. Well worth the cost.
This low-cost adapter coupled onto a Prima Tech bottle holding injector has been so great. I worried about the purchase since I never saw these used. Thrilled.