J-Vac for the vaccination of healthy cattle (cows, heifers) as an aid in prevention of mastitis due to E. coli & the effects of endotoxemia caused by E. coli & Salmonella typhimurium. Read More
This item cannot ship to Canada
Cannot ship to P.O. Box
J-Vac (Escherichia Coli Bacterin Toxoid)
Gives cross immunity to Salmonella typhimurium.
The only core antigen vaccine with an approved dual claim as an aid in protection against mastitis caused by E. coli and an aid in prevention of the effects of endotoxemia.
For the vaccination of healthy cattle (cows, heifers) as an aid in prevention of mastitis due to E. coli and the effects of endotoxemia caused by E. coli and Salmonella typhimurium.
Features of J-Vac:
- contains the J-5 mutant E. coli Bacterin-Toxoid - useful in preventing E. coli infections & salmonellosis
- no milk withholding
- 21-day slaughter withdrawal
- safe for pregnant and lactating dairy cows
Shake well before using.
- As an aid in the prevention of mastitis, inject 2 mL (1 dose) intramuscularly or subcutaneously at 7 months of gestation or at dry off; revaccinate at 1 to 3 weeks before calving. Revaccinate annually.
- As an aid in the prevention of the effects of endotoxemia, whole herd vaccination may be done at any time. Vaccinate with 2 mL (1 dose) followed by a second 2 mL dose 2 to 4 weeks later. Revaccinate annually.
- Calves vaccinated under 6 months of age should be revaccinated after reaching 6 months of age.
- Brand: Merial
- Form: Injectable
- Prevention Type: Salmonella,Mastitis