$22.69 to $46.36
Little Giant Double Wall Poultry Waterer
The Little Giant Double Wall Poultry Fountain is designed with double walled heavy-duty galvanized steel to help keep your chickens water cool in warm weather.
In cold weather, pair this chicken waterer with the Little Giant Heated Metal Base for Fountains (sold seperately- item # 5FH3).
Double Wall Fount Key Benefits:
- double wall galvanized steel helps insulate against warm & cold weather
- a constant water level is maintained in pan by vacuum
- top designed to prevent roosting
- tank has brass valve with rubber sealing washer for positive shut off
Double Wall Fount Sizes and Dimensions:
- 2 Gallon - 12.25" L x 12.25" W x 10.75" H
- 3 Gallon - 12.25" L x 12.25" W x 15" H
- 5 Gallon - 15.25" L x 15.25" W x 15.25" H
- 8 Gallon - 15.25" L x 15.25" W x 22" H
- Brand: Little Giant
- Type: Waterer
- Material: Galvanized Steel
- Size: 2 Gallon,3 Gallon,5 Gallon,8 Gallon
- Country of Origin: USA
"Problems with the Poultry Fountain"
It holds a lot of water, but as the chickens drink, the water doesn't flow out into the tray easily. I have to go out a couple of times a day and pick the top up so that the water will come out so the chickens can drink. Sometimes the tray is almost empty, but there is plenty of water in the cylinder.
"Will LEAK unless absolutely level"
I wish these did not leak so easily. I bought two since I like them, but I have to keep them outdoors because I don't want them leaking inside on the bedding. I was able to keep one level (I had to actually use a level) and put it on cement blocks. That one is not leaking. I use a lightbulb inside the cinder block to keep the water from freezing. So I gave this 4 stars because you can't heat up the plastic waterers to keep them from freezing.
I must admit, I have had a hard time using these as they always seem to need adjusted to stay level and not leak. Maybe it is just me, but I think they would work so much better if the base was taller, leaving more space between the top and the waterline.
"The very best "
I have tried many different watering systems and found this to be the very best. It is easy to clean and easy to fill. Does not freeze and crack like plastic. Works great with the heaters.