Beekeeping for Dummies, 4th ed.
by Howland Blackiston; Dewey M. Caron
In Beekeeping for Dummies, 4th Edition, you'll find everything you need to know in order to start your own colony, including how to assemble and maintain beehives, handle every phase of honey production, purchase and use all the latest tools, and what to do beyond your first season. This hands-on guide provides all the tools, tips, tricks, and techniques needed to become a real backyard beekeeper. You'll learn to identify the queen from her workers and drones, properly open and close the hive, distinguish one type of honey from another, and preserve your colony if disaster should strike.
Learn how to:
- keep bees on a small urban rooftop or in a large country yard
- assemble your own hive and sustain it for years to come
- safely inspect and manage your colony
- harvest and sell your own honey
If you've ever thought about becoming a backyard beekeeper, or you've already tried it and want to be better, then this is the book for you.
- ISBN-13: 9781119310068
- ISBN-10: 1119310067
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
- Publish Date: January 2017
- Page Count: 480
- Type: Book
- ISBN: 9781119310068