Mazuri Small Bird Breeder Diet
Mazuri Small Bird Breeder Diet is a complete bird food for small psittacines and passerines specially formulated for breeding birds and for small birds raising young. This nutritionally complete small bird food, formulated in small round particles, can be used as the primary diet for breeding birds.
- Specially formulated with balanced nutrition - can be used as the sole diet for breeding birds.
- Nutritionally complete - requires no mixing or supplementation.
- Better than pellets - less fines and increased digestibility.
- better than seeds - less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulls).
- Reduced diet preparation - less time chopping fruit and veggies.
- Formulation allows for supplementation with species appropriate food items - can include up to 20% (by weight) of diet as produce, seeds, etc. to encourage natural feeding behaviors and for training and enrichment.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Natural sources of pigments and antioxidants.
- This diet should be fed to prepare for breeding and throughout the breeding season. If the birds are seasonal breeders or they are managed to be seasonal breeders, offer the Mazuri Small Bird Breeder Diet at the start of the breeding season. If the birds are bred all year, feed this diet continuously. Wean young birds on this diet and continue feeding until the first molt. After the first molt, switch birds to Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet.
- To switch birds from seeds (or any diet they are currently being fed) to Mazuri Small Bird Breeder Diet, do a gradual changeover. Start with 90% seed (or current diet) and 10% Mazuri Small Bird Breeder Diet. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Mazuri by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of Mazuri Small Bird Breeder Diet.
- Monitor the bird's weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be especially attentive during the 10th to the 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Small Bird Breeder Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
Ingredients: ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, wheat middlings, corn gluten meal, soybean oil, dicalcium phosphate, flaxseed, calcium carbonate, glyceryl monostearate, wheat germ, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate (a preservative), salt, dried egg product, dl-methionine, l-lysine, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, choline chloride, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), pyridoxine hydrochloride, Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, biotin, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, beta carotene, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), folic acid, rosemary extract, vitamin A acetate, citric acid, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, nicotinic acid, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.