Mazuri Mini Pig, Active Adult
Mazuri Mini Pig Active Adult is a moderate-energy, high-fiber food formulated to support moderate growth for adult exotic miniature pigs. This mini pig diet offers proper nutrition and can be used as a maintenance diet for active, adult animals or fed in combination with Mazuri Mini Pig Youth to support the nutrient needs of gestating or lactating females. No supplementation is needed with Mazuri mini pig food.
- moderate-energy, high-fiber ratio - for controlled growth and consumption rates
- complete nutrition - supplemental vitamins and minerals not required
- amino acid balance - provides the amino acids needed in active stage
- pellet form - easy to feed: minimizes dust and waste
- zinc methionine and natural vitamin E - provides for optimal skin condition
- no meat products
- urine acidifier and yucca extract added - aimed to decrease urinary calculi and ammonia in urine
- added flaxseed - to support skin and immune system health
- Feed Mazuri Mini Pig Active Adult to pigs previously fed Mazuri Mini Pig Youth or to other pigs being maintained. Mix this product with equal amounts of prior product for at 3-5 days to help adjust animals to the new feed.
- The level of feed intake depends on many factors which include: environmental temperature, other foods available, level of activity, and social hierarchy.
- For maintenance of more active, your adult animals (up to 1 1/2 years of age), regulate the feed to a level which maintains body weight without putting on excess fat. A level of 1.0-2.0%current body weight works well for may owners. Measuring food by weight is recommended: see Feeding Rate table.
- Change to Mazuri Mini Pig Youth diet as desired to regulate nutrition in these scenarios:
- For gestating or lactating females, feed a mixture of 50% Active Adult and 50% Youth for increased energy.
- For higher energy needs, as in the case of large litter size or multiple breedings, increase Mazuri Mini Pig Youth to 60% of daily intake.
- when using a self-feeder, make sure it is adjusted to minimize feed wastage.
- always provide the animal with plenty of fresh, clean water.
Ingredients: ground corn, wheat middlings, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, dehydrated alfalfa meal, ground soybean hulls, dried beet pulp, cane molasses, flaxseed, calcium lignin sulfonate (pelleting agent), dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, soybean oil, salt, ammonium chloride, choline chloride, dl-methionine, zinc methionine complex, biotin, dried yucca shidigera extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium pantothenate, ferrous sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), folic acid, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), copper sulfate, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A acetate, rosemary extract, riboflavin, citric acid, thiamin mononitrate, nicotinic acid, l-lysine, manganese sulfate, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, basic copper chloride, sodium selenite.