It’s that time again! With summer coming, unfortunately, so do the bugs, and with them comes the tell-tale signs of aggravation in your horse such as head nodding, feet stamping, and tail flipping. Insects are not only pests to us but to our horses as well, and the best way to safeguard your horse from these pesky insects is by protecting their face and eyes with a quality fly mask.
With so many different options when it comes to purchasing fly masks, it may be overwhelming to choose which one is best to protect your horse. Luckily, our equine specialist, Kim, understands your frustrations and is here to help! She has taken the time to research the best options to give your horse the most amount of protection, and with prints being in this season, you can protect your horse in style. Below is a list of the Top 5 Fly Masks for 2020. Stop receiving the blunt end of your horse’s frustrations and ensure their health and happiness with a good fly mask!
1) Exclusive Saxon Unicorn Mesh Fly Mask with Ears: This exclusive unicorn print fly mask is a staple piece that your horse will need this summer. It’s made from a fine weave mesh that provides protection from nuisance flies and a wide velcro strap to ensure the ultimate fit.
2) Exclusive WeatherBeeta Llama Print ComFITec Essential Fly Mask: This adorable llama and cactus print fly mask is made from an ultra-fine weave mesh that offers fly protection in a sturdy yet comfortable design. This mask has an adjustable velcro strap to ensure a secure fit for every head size. The addition of ears offers that extra needed coverage against the sun and bugs!
3) Professional Choice Comfort-Fit Lycra Fly Mask: This mask is made from stretchy lycra that will be comfortable on your horse. Even the most finicky horses won’t try to pull them off. It’s made with mesh at the eyes and ears to protect your horse from nuisance flies and mosquitoes.
4) Cashel “Palms” Standard Fly Mask: Dare to be different! The Cashel Crusader fly mask brings on the beachy vibes with the limited edition “Palms” print. It provides all the same features and comfort of the standard colored Crusader fly masks. The patented three-hole cap eliminates forelock damage and ensures a comfortable fit that will stay put whether your horse is stalled or turned out in the pasture. It’s also made with a soft coated nylon micro mesh that blocks 70% of the sun’s damaging UV rays and provides eye protection.
5) WeatherBeeta ComFITec FineMesh Fly Mask: Designed with vision, comfort, and durability in mind, the WeatherBeeta Fly Mask is made from fine mesh that allows for full vision. This mask also features double darts for a superb fit. A stretch fleece poll adds comfort and provides a custom fit to prevent nuisance flies from creeping in at the poll of the mask. There is soft fleece binding for additional comfort and to prevent rubs. Made with two Velcro straps to keep this mask securely in place, this fly mask is also available with ears.
Need more quick advice on fly control? Check out Kim’s simple 3-Step Guide to Feed-Thru Fly Control.
Want to learn how to use fly sprays like a boss? Read Lauren and Kim’s blog called How to Get Rid of Flies with Ease for a step-by-step approach to being successful with fly spray.
It’s that easy!
For more solutions, see Jeffers Equine’s extensive selection of Fly & Insect Control Products.
If you need assistance or have a product you’d like for us to carry, feel free to email Kim, email@example.com, or call 1-800-533-3377 and ask for Kim.