Search

Ordering from catalogs?

Order Multiple Items »

Jeffers GIft Card - The Perfect Gift!

Halloween Dangers for Pets

Happy Halloween

As much as children (and many adults) love Halloween with its tricks and treats, there are many aspects of this holiday that are dangerous or downright spooky to your pet.

Anxiety
Even the calmest of pets may be uneasy with the increased traffic of trick-or-treaters at the door. There are lots of calming products available, including natural remedies and apparel. Try to find a solution that works for your dog before the actual night. Sometimes, it may just be best to keep your pet in a crate or a quiet room away from the commotion.

Treats
Be very aware of the dangers of some “treats”, especially chocolate. Chocolate can be fatal to dogs and cats. Any candy can be dangerous in large quantities. Large ingestions of sugary, high-fat candy can lead to pancreatitis, which may not show up for two to four days. There is also the danger of choking with any small “treat”. Even the wrappers can be a choking hazard. Have a health conscious neighbor? Raisins and grapes can also be fatal to pets.

Accessories
Glow sticks and jewelry are great for kids, but not our four-legged children. They can be a choking hazard and the chemicals inside can be dangerous.

Costumes
Costumes are cute and nobody rocks the tutu like your Fluffy, but beware of costumes that can impair vision or breathing and be cautious of costumes with small beads or adornments that could pose a choking hazard.

These are just some of the dangers that come with this holiday. The best thing that you can do is be aware at all times. Remember, our pets depend on us to keep them safe.

* ~ See More Articles and Tips Here ~*


 
Sign Up Now for Email
Specials and Offers: